Hazy Morning “Hab-Rehab” Bloody Mary
Our buddy Gary is a Chicago native. Recently he made a trip back home to his old stompin’ grounds and took along a 12 pack of El Topo Habanero sauce to share with his buddies. Gary has been pretty impressed with the El Topo Habanero–Chipotle and considered it his duty to let the rest of the world in on his new discovery.
As it turns out, a couple of his compadres are in the bar business, and it wasn’t long until their “beverage inventing proclivities” took control of the situation and the Habanero sauce made it’s way into a Bloody Mary and a Caesar. Now, this may have been attributable to the fact that the boys had a fun-filled previous evening and it was now noontime on Saturday.
Nonetheless, for these guys the true test of a hot sauce is it’s capacity to deliver medicinal qualities to a “rehabilitative beverage”, in this case a Bloody Mary, and then a Caesar, (basically a Bloody Mary made with Clamato instead of straight tomato juice).
And according to our friend Gary it was a huge hit.
So let’s just share that recipe for those of you who may need a go-to remedy or a Sunday morning bump to bring you around and add some pizzazz to the day.
Habanero Bloody Mary
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- 3-4 drops Worcestershire (on the ice)
- ½ to 1 tsp. El Topo Habanero-Chipotle
- A couple shakes of pepper
- 1.5 ounces of your “fav” Vodka
- Couple dashes of Rose’s lime or a squeeze of lime
- Now fill with either tomato juice or Clamato
- Add a long straw, an olive, a pepperoncini, and a lime slice
- Don’t forget to stir!