The Ultimate Cold Cure
Posted on 18.08.2014 / by Ken Degitz
Advisory: This method of dealing with a bad cold should only be undertaken by those individuals who have some tolerance built up to hot peppers. If you have never chewed on a piece of fresh Habanero, you had better stick to vitamin C and chicken noodle soup for your cold remedy.
Have on hand:
- 6 fresh Habanero peppers
- 4 to 6 strips of bacon
- Fresh avocado guacamole; 1 cup or so
- At least 1/2 cup sour cream
- Cold shredded lettuce
- One or two 8″ flour tortillas
- Take the Habanero peppers and dice them up fine.
- Take the bacon and dice it up medium.
- In frying pan, on medium heat, saute the bacon.
- Once bacon is mostly cooked and not quite crisp, add in the peppers.
- Saute the bacon and peppers until sizzling, about 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let sit, while you…
- Heat up a tortilla on the fire and then spread (cover) it THOROUGHLY and liberally on one side with guacamole and sour cream. The guacamole and sour cream will line the inside of your mouth with a protective film of… well, fat. Without this layer you will suffer dearly and your cold will, for a duration of time, be the furthest thing from your mind. But probably not in a good way.
- Put half of the Habanero and bacon mixture in your tortilla while still hot. Roll it up, take a deep breath and take a bite.
- Chase it with a bite or two of that cold shredded lettuce.
If you did your work correctly, you won’t feel a big burn in your mouth, but you will feel an incredible glow turn into an instant sweat on your forehead. Remember, this is a remedy. It’s all business. It’s a one-two punch on that cruddy cold you can’t shake. And the best part is the flavor of the Habaneros and bacon together.